Skinny Dippers Communities US: General Meet & Greet – The Pot Luck

• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Tim.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Quest Bear
      Participant

This forum needs some participation.  So here’s a fun virtual game.

Our founders have decided to host a virtual Thanksgiving Pot Luck Dinner.  What is the go-to dish that you would bring?

Post a pic if you can.  Maybe an explanation or the recipe if needed.  Sharing a meal is an amazing way to get to know people. Even though we can’t meet in person right now, we can use food as an opening for conversation.

I’ll start.  I’ll bring hot rolls.  I honestly use my bread machine to make the dough.  Until COVID it was the only thing I used my bread machine for, but I pulled it back out in recent months and rediscovered why I liked it.  I know some think it’s cheating, but I make the dough and shape it into various things.

What will you bring?

Mandy Zelinka
      Keymaster

Those rolls look delicious! Let’s see, when I used to actually go to Thanksgiving I didn’t know how to cook so I always brought the wine. Now I’d probably bring…store-bought pumpkin cheesecake! haha. Ok but for real – I’d put together a delicious charcuterie board!

Jeremy Ferguson
      Participant

I’m so glad you started this thread! We’re actually doing an online hangout the night before Thanksgiving.

But back to the game… we’ll post about Pie Night In soon.

Cranberries. I love making cranberry sauce and it’s so easy! I don’t have a photo, but I’ll walk through what I do.

Start with fresh cranberries. You can usually get fresh cranberries in a 12oz bag. Put your berries in a strainer and run cool/cold water over them to rinse out stems and things. Pick out damaged berries or anything that looks weird. I’ve seen little leaf bits and other organic debris from time to time, so washing and picking is really important for a high quality sauce.

While you’re picking and cleaning berries, get a saucepan out with a cover or lid. The lid or cover (like aluminum foil) is important because as these little guys cook, then tend to splatter and pop. I don’t like cleaning little red spots off my walls.

Okay, in the saucepan add one cup of water and one cup of sugar. Swirl it around a bit to mix and let it sit over medium heat until it comes to a boil.

By the time the water and sugar boil your berries should be clean. Give those berries a little shake off in their strainer and pour them into the saucepan and cover. Once the temperature comes back up, the berries will start bursting open. Let them pop and squeal, but open that lid up and give them a stir once in a while.  After 15 minutes, take the pan off the heat and let it sit uncovered until cool enough to transfer to a presentation dish.

If you like your sauce a little thicker, then reduce your water to 3/4 cup. Sometimes I do that when I’m specifically making sauce for Turkey Sandwiches. Mmmmmm leftovers!

Erik Bivens
      Participant

I’d bring Spatchcock Turkey. We love out Green Mountain Grill pellet smoker

Erik Bivens
      Participant

Quest Bear
      Participant

That looks amazing!

Tim
      Participant

I bought an airfryer on Amazon Prime Day and loving it.  Tonight I made a rotisserie chicken and garlic parmesan green bean fries!  I will bring those.Green bean fries

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
[IMMEDIATE ACCESS]
[IMMEDIATE ACCESS]